Friday 1 November 2013

Gamila Secret cleansing bar

I am subscribed to GlossyBox which if you didn't know is a monthly subscription that means you get to try a selection of products for £10 a month. Last month in my GlossyBox i got a Gamila Secret cleansing bar. I had heard of the product before but had never actually tried it myself so when i got it in my box i was extremely excited to use it. I have been using it for about two weeks now and can honestly say it's amazing!

The bar is one that you use daily and can be used on both you face and your body. It's a herbal bar that is 100% natural ingredients that is for both sensitive and problematic skin. This is what made me so excited to use it as i get very oily skin, which means i get spots. Im lucky in the fact that i don't have acne but the spots that i do get usually leave me with hyper pigmentation. The packaging claims to have a healing effect within 28 days and i absolutely agree with that as the day after i used it for the first time i could see noticeable differences. The problem with my skin is i get hyper pigmentation but i also have a few lumps left from untouched spots. I tried so many different masks and washes to try to get rid of them but they didn't work. However the day after i used the cleansing bar for the first time these bumps have drastically gone down in size which i have to say made me ecstatic.



 The bar itself is the small version as with the GlossyBox you get to try multiple products however they are the smaller version. However i was pleasantly surprised with this bar because even though it's the smaller version it is still relatively big and hasn't gone down that much in size in the 2 weeks that i have been using it. I must admit the smell isn't that great, i has the soapy kind of smell you get from cheap bars however this isn't an issue for me as that isn't the main aim of the product.


 It's only been 14 days and my skin looks amazing so I'm interested to see what it looks like after using it for 28 days like the packaging says. I have been using the product with a body shop tea tree oil though that is a blemish fade night lotion. One could argue that its this product that has improved my skin and not the bar however i have been using this product for over a year now and my skin hasn't improved that much with it on its own. So i did wonder if the two products together has helped my skin but all i know is in the two weeks that i have been using the bar my skin has looked better than it has in years.


How i have been using the products is i take off my makeup at night and then wash my face with the bar and warm water. Once my face is dry i put on moisturiser and the body shop tea tree night lotion and go to bed.

I give this product 9/10, the only thing stopping if from getting top marks it the smell but honestly that doesn't bother me that much. I can honestly say i will be re purchasing this product when it's gone. Hope you found this review useful and helped you with your skin care routine.

For updates as to when i next post go follow me on bloglovin http://www.bloglovin.com/lysette1996

Thanks for reading

Lysette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment