Thursday 13 February 2014

Acne skin saviours

For the last month of so my skin has literally gone crazy on my which i have concluded has been down to Mac studio fix foundation that i stupidly got in the habit of using everyday when it's really stage makeup (is bad for acne prone skin). As much as i love Mac my skin doesn't so i have to be careful especially with the face products with how often i use them. 

Anyway moving onto what this post is about, i have been using various different products to try to clear  my spots and i thought i would share with you the best two i found. 






This is the Clearasil rapid action pads that help to reduce spot size and redness within 4 hours. Now i have tried many spot treatments and i can honestly say non have worked as well as this for me. In the pot are these textured pads that are soaked in a spot treatment. Now if we were going on smell this would not win because they are very strong smelling and sometimes you have to take the pad away from your face because it smells so strong but for me if it works i don't care. You can tell by looking at the ingredients that it's a good treatment as in has Salicylic acid in it which is a well known spot treatment and is one you should look for in acne treatments. I can honestly say this product does live up to it's expectations and does work in 4 hours. All you need to do when using this is lightly scrub the face in circular motions. Don't be alarmed if the skin looks red and slightly stings as this is just the product starting to work and after a minute or so will calm down and start to clear. I give this product 9/10 overall as i was extremely impressed and it has massively improved the look of my skin. It has even helped get rid of those little bumps that usually form around the forehead. I have never used a spot treatment that works as effectively and quick as this and would recommend to anyone with bad acne. i also use this product every other day as i personally believe it's too harsh to use everyday and would therefore disallow repairing properties in your skin to work properly. 



This is the Visibly clear spot stress control 3 in 1 cleansing lotion. I use this product morning and night and have found that it has really helped in making my face feel smooth and well cleaned. I have found that this has really helped with the hyper pigmentation that has lingered on my skin for a while and have overall reduced my scars in size. I would say this product is less harsh than the Clearasil pads however it still has a strong smell similar to the pads. This product also include salicylic acid which as i explained is one of the best acne ingredients in skin products. I have found that this product has also helped to stop new spots forming and if i feel one under the skin i focus this product on it and by the next day it will have gone. I wouldn't say it helps with shine control which is one of the things it says it does but that might just be my skin as it's very oily. Overall i would give this product 9 out of 10. This would be because it doesn't help for oil control for me like it says it should however this product is so amazing that, that factor really doesn't bother me.


Hope you like this post and have found it helpful. I would really recommend these products to everyone as i have used so many spot treatments and these are two of very few that really work. I know whats it's like to feel self-conscious about my skin as i have struggled with it on and off through out my teenage years but these two products have really been a confidence booster for me. If you like this post please follow me on bloglovin at http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11042293/lysette

Lysette :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment