Friday 14 March 2014

What creative people do differently

I was recently reading an article the other day that came up on my twitter news feed and it really inspired me and made me feel good about myself so I thought if share it with fellow bloggers.


This article talks about what creative people do differently to other people. Whether that be artists, writers, dancers ext it highlights things we do differently without realising. Whilst reading the article it made me realise that the majority of the things they list is what I do and assumed everyone else did as well. 

If you consider yourself as a creative person which I'm sure you are if your reading this then I think you'd find the article as interesting as I do. 

Whilst growing up I new I wasn't as academic as most of my friends and with a unusual learning disorder I always felt like I was looked down upon in society. I managed to get through school with average grades in subjects like English an maths however always excelling in drama, art and PE. Even though my parents encouraged me that this was a good thing I always felt like other teachers and students looked down upon us creative students and classed us a 'dumb'. 

However as I've grown up I have realised many people would kill to have the talents us creative people have and to see the world the way we do. 

Reading this article really reminded me of this and encouraged me to think like this again. Some of the most successful people in the world failed at school however think outside the box and have  achieved way more than some of their A* counterparts. Don't get me wrong I would still love to be academic and not have to put in extra hours at college just to get an average grade but now I have learnt that I should be great full of my artistic abilities. 

Hope this has given you some inspiration for you weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment