Friday 25 April 2014

Surround yourself with happiness ✨

By the title of this post you can tell what I'm about to talk about. For a while now I have stuck by the Moto surround yourself with happiness and have made a lot of changes in my life.

Firstly I've gradually changed who I hang around with. I noticed recently that the people I was seeing during my free time weren't making me happy and that although I had known them for years I wasn't the same girl I used to be. A lot has changed and I have grown up so now we just don't have the same things in common anymore. I decided that instead of making me happy like friends should do they were making me feel out of character so gradually I have distanced myself from them. In doing so I spend my time with friends that really get and understand me and overall I feel a lot happier. I would rather have few best friends that loads of fake friends. 

Next is diet. I am lucky in the fact that I can eat junk food and not put on loads of weight however I've found that even though I didn't put on weight I still wasn't healthy. I have now switch to a diet where I am eating a balance of foods and cutting out most carbs. This doesn't mean I don't eat bread or potatoes just that I don't eat as many. For breakfast I have either wheatabix or cooked eggs. A favourite of mine has been omelette with sliced tomatoes, I swear it's so good and makes you feel ready for the day. For lunch I have either a salad, yogurt or one slice of whole meal bread with healthy fillers. Dinner is a salad with some sort of meat and then I drink water, juice (my favourite atm is pineapple juice) or a smoothie. If I get hungry in between meals I will eat some fruit. For me I'm not trying to lose weight just be healthier. Id also like to say that yes some foods have natural fats but that doesn't mean they don't have other good things inside them for your body, so don't just instantly cut them out of your diet. 

Next is my free time. I am currently doing my a levels and am about to leave college altogether. I used to be the person that no matter how much work I have I would leave it to the last minute however I've really been trying to turn this around. I've been trying to use my free time wisely getting myself ready for when I leave college and making sure I do as well as possible in my exams. This has made me feel a lot happier about leaving education and makes the world seem less scarier. I know how daunting it is to know that your about to be an adult in the working world but I honestly can't stress enough that you can't pretend it's not going to happen. It will so make the most of your time now to prepare. 

Hope you like this quick post. Just feeling very happy atm and wanted to help spread some light on the world. 

Thanks for reading 

Lysette :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment